Lower Columbia Christmas (Holiday) Hamper Programs
During these unprecedented times due to COVID-19, We have partnered with other Christmas Hamper partners in the Lower Columbia region. We have all made some small changes to our 2020 Christmas (Holiday) Hamper Programs.
The United Way of Trail & District (UWDT), Salvation Army, and the Rossland Firefighter are committed to ensuring that all families & individuals have a safe and joyful Christmas, with gifts for the children and a wonderful Christmas (Holiday) dinner, safe in their bubble together.
We have been working hard to ensure that the health and safety of volunteers, clients, staff, and community partners are all safe this season, and COVID-19 protocols will be in place with all three programs. We ask that your please abide by the instructions on the second page of the application.
Please read all information before applying, link to the application is below.
Hamper Application due dates for each agency are as follows:
BV Hamper Program: December 4th, 2020
Salvation Army: November 30th, 2020
Rossland Firefighters: December 14th, 2020
Application Instruction Guide
Before you begin, please note you will need to either upload (if applying via email with our online fillable form) or hard copies of the following documentation.
- If you are registering using your smartphone, the easiest way to do this is to take photos of your paperwork with your phone.
- If you are registering using a computer and have access to a scanner, you can also scan and save the documents in a pdf format to upload.
- Be sure to add the email address of the agency you are applying to your safe sender’s list in your email for communication regarding your application.
- Government-issued photo ID
- Income Information – This is a requirement for the Salvation Army application only.
- Proof of residents in the Community program you have applied to.
- BC Medical Care Card number for everyone in the family.
- If there are any special dietary requirements or special gift requests please contact the agency applied to.
Your application will be reviewed by our teams. Please be sure to include your telephone number in case we need to confirm any information.
Paper applications can be Picked up and dropped off at the following locations unless otherwise stated below:
BV Hamper Program: Village of Fruitvale office, Village of Montrose office, and Liberty Food
Salvation Army Hamper Program: Kate’s Kitchen 730 Rossland Ave. Trail
Rossland Firefighter Hamper Program: (Paper applications pick-up at the Rossland Food Bank)
Fire Hall 2044 2nd Ave. on Tuesdays and Thursdays only between 7 pm and 9 pm
Hamper Pick –up dates and times for each area:
BV Hamper Program: Tuesday, December 15th, 2020-Fruitvale Community Hall 12 pm
Salvation Army Hamper Program: Applicants will be contacted to arrange a pick-up for the following date:
December 21st, 2020-Salvation Army Church 2030 2nd Ave. Trail
Rossland Firefighters Hamper Delivery: December 19th, 2020 from 9 am to 12 pm.
We are working hard to ensure your safety and ask that you respect the COVID-19 protocols we have in place including:
- Only 1 or 2 people per household on the day of pick-up.
- Masks are mandatory.
- Maintain a social distance of 2 meters from other people in line.