We are proud to have partnered with United Way Centraide Canada and the Government of Canada to deliver the Government of Canada’s Emergency Community Support Fund (ECSF) in the Lower Columbia Region, serving the communities of Rossland, Warfield, Trail, Montrose, Fruitvale and Area’s A & B of RDKB.
Over the past month, United Way of Trail & District has received over 10 applications for community programs and services that support vulnerable community members. To date, 10 organizations have been approved for a total of $122,723. We are pleased to announce the ECSF is supporting the following:
- $9,035 was invested in Greater Trail Hospice Society to Caregivers support and training.
- $20,000 was invested in Kootenay Brain Injury Association to Community Companion program
- $20,000 was invested in Sanctuary (Generation to Generation Society) to Community outreach and engagement/delivering & developing new models
- $20,000 was invested in Take A Hike West Kootenay to Mental Health Support
- $20,000 was invested in GT Community Skills Centre to Bringing Community to your Door (aka Community Kitchens)
- $5,000 was invested in Kootenay Family Place to Community outreach and engagement/training and new development models
- $6,688 was invested in South Kootenay Seniors (Age-Friendly Rossland/Trail/Warfield) to Bridging Barriers/development & delivery new models
- $10,000 was invested in Friends of Friends Clubhouse to Group Activities/delivering new models
- $12,000 was invested in CIFC – Trail United Church to Food Services/updating safety