Emergency Community Support Fund (ECSF)
We are now accepting applications for the second round of the Emergency Community Support Fund (ECSF) to help charities serve and support vulnerable Canadians during the COVID-19 pandemic. Organizations can apply for funding until October 30, 2020.
- The Government of Canada’s $350 million Emergency Community Support Fund (ECSF) aims to help charities and non-profit organizations adapt and increase frontline services for vulnerable populations during COVID-19.
- The Government of Canada is releasing the balance of the $350 million Emergency Community Support Fund (ECSF) in a second round of funding ($73.9 million). These funds are available to support communities continuing to address the impact of the pandemic. Applicants can begin submitting applications October 5, 2020.
- The ECSF first opened to receive applications on May 19, 2020. The first round of funding supported projects in every province and territory and for every vulnerable group. The Fund’s three intermediaries – Community Foundations of Canada, the Canadian Red Cross and United Way Centraide Canada – combined their national reach and local expertise to flow money quickly to where it was most needed.
- In the Fund’s second round, the three intermediaries will continue to actively target their outreach to ensure equitable distribution of funds, while also strengthening services and supports for vulnerable Canadians across all communities. Applications will open on October 5, 2020.
- United Way Centraide Trail & District was pleased to administer a vital first round investment of $115,336 by the Government of Canada in critical services for vulnerable people in our community to date.
- United Way Centraide Trail & District is pleased to support an investment of $18,908 through this second round of emergency funding from the Government of Canada.
- Since the COVID-19 pandemic was declared, community-based charities and non-profit organizations have been working tirelessly to provide emergency support of all kinds—in particular, to individuals and communities experiencing continued or heightened vulnerability. Demand for their services has increased dramatically. The Fund is designed to help organizations carry out their vital work in the coming months to ensure no one is left behind.
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted until October 30, 2020
All applications will be reviewed after the closing date of October 30, 2020. If you have already applied for and received funds through the ECSF First round of funding, you are still eligible to apply for these funds, provided your application meets the criteria.
Round 2 application ECSF Round 2 Application Form – EN
For questions, please refer to the Emergency Community Support Fund Application Guide ECSF Applicant guide_EN
Si vous avez des questions ou souhaitez présenter une demande de financement au Fonds d’urgence pour l’appui communautaire en français, veuillez communiquer avec nous à FUACfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Emergency Community Support Fund (ECSF) is funded by the Government of Canada, through Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC). The intent of this fund is to provide support to local community service organizations as they adapt and increase frontline services for vulnerable community members and populations impacted by COVID-19.